Want to get experience and make a difference to your fellow students? The AA&CC hires senior students each year for volunteer opportunities: Employment Peer Coach and Study Skills Peer Coach. Recruitment takes place from January to March for the following academic year.
- Experiential learning opportunity for students interested in careers such as teaching and counselling
- Develop skills relevant to career planning and job searching, counselling, advertising and leadership
- Gain relevant professional experience
- Work in an environment that is team based, supportive and friendly
- Expand your network and get an employment reference
- Learn about writing, research and further develop your communication skills
- Provide input into program design
- Senior (at least 3rd year) UTSC student
- In good standing academically (minimum 3.0 CGPA required for Study Skills Peer Coach positions)
- Available to volunteer 3 hours per week and able to attend one meeting per term
- Reliable, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, well organized and responsible
- Enjoy working in a team environment
- Available to attend training sessions (May and September)
How to Apply
Employment Peer Coaches and Study Skills Peer Coaches are Work-Study positions.
Positions are generally posted on the Career Learning Network (CLN) in late April for the Summer session and mid August for the Fall/Winter session.