Before You Apply
Do not apply for transfer credit if:
- You have been admitted as a Visiting student or a Non-Degree student.
- Your previous studies consist ONLY of Advanced Placement (AP), General Certificate of Education (GCE), International Baccalaureate (IB), French Baccalaureate or Caribbean Advanced Proficiency Examination (CAPE). These credentials will be assessed automatically for transfer credit by Enrolment Services. For more information about these transfer credits, visit High School and Secondary Curriculum.
- You have studied for one year or less at an Ontario college.
- You are a current UTSC student applying for credit courses at another institution (click here to learn about the Letter of Permission)
And remember, only apply for transfer credit after you've received your Offer of Admission.
How to Apply for Transfer Credit
Detailed instructions will be outlined in your Offer of Admission package.
- Complete the Transfer Credit On-Admission Form
- Pay the $30 CAD processing fee - we accept money orders and most major credit cards.
Good to Know
How are transfer credits assessed?
Some of the criteria we use when assessing transfer credits include:
- Content and level
- Credit weight of the course
- Academic structure of your previous institution
- Grading system used by your previous institution
- Grade achieved
Transfer credits are granted for undergraduate level academic courses and are not granted for practical, clinical, pedagogical or graduate level courses. UTSC only awards transfer credit for courses in which your final grade is at least one full grade higher than the minimum passing grade at your previous institution and comparable to a C- or 60% at UTSC. We do not consider for transfer credit courses graded on a Pass/Fail system (instead of a final grade). Grades or Grade Point Averages are not transferred to your academic record at the University of Toronto and are not included in your UTSC grade point average. The exception to this is to Internal Transfers.
What about summer classes?
You will need to notify us if you take courses in the summer session prior to your enrolment at UTSC as well as provide us with an official final transcript for all post-secondary courses completed during the summer session. Transcripts must be sent directly from the issuing institution to the Admissions and Student Recruitment Office.
How long does it take to process?
Processing time varies depending on completeness of documentation and time of year. It normally takes three to four weeks during peak periods (June to August).