Students applying to the MEnvSc program at UTSC may be eligible for financial support from UTSC in the form of:
- ENTRANCE SCHOLARSHIPS (value = domestic tuition): upon application to the program, every applicant who completes their application by the early deadline is considered for a merit based scholarship on a competitive basis.
- THINK. SHOOT. CHANGE. VIDEO COMPETITION: Upon meeting program and competition requirements, winners (3 prizes) will receive between $4,000 and $8,000, applied directly to the recipient’s University of Toronto Student Account.
MEnvSc SCHOLARSHIPS awarded in the fall session, specifically for new students:
- the Mary Winthrop Allen Graduate Student Scholarship in Environmental Science and the Brian Greenwood Graduate Student Scholarship in Environmental Science are granted on the basis of the MEnvSc student’s academic merit and financial need.
- The Asclepias awards are awarded based on financial need, only.
- TEACHING ASSISTANTSHIPS: a very limited number of assistantships are available within the Department of Physical and Environmental Sciences. All new and continuing M.Env.Sc. students are eligible to apply for these postings. See TA positions for a listing of the available departmental positions. Please note application deadlines.
- RESEARCH ASSISTANTSHIPS: externally and internally funded Research Assistantships will be available to applicants wishing to pursue Program I, the Research Paper Option.
- NSERC SCHOLARSHIPS (Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada): these scholarships are restricted to permanent residents of Canada.
- OGS Scholarships (Ontario Graduate Scholarship): these scholarships are open to both domestic and international students.
Students in their fourth undergrad year, who are considering applying to the MEnvSc program, are urged to apply for NSERC and OGS scholarships through their own university, prior to submitting their application. Please check the deadlines at your own university as these occur in the fall.
For additional information on Scholarships and Awards, please see the School of Graduate Studies website.
Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP) funds.
These funds are restricted to Ontario Residents (Ontario Student Loan) and/or Canadian Residents (Canada Student Loan). Non-residents of Ontario are eligible for Canada Student Loans through their home province/territory. For more OSAP information, please visit the website at: OSAP.