Same day walk in counselling appointments are available on a first come, first served basis. These same day appointments are an opportunity for you to address your concerns as they come up, and anything can be discussed during your time with the counsellor. Versus giving advice, the counsellor's role is to listen closely and help create a collaborative plan based on your own values, skills and strengths.
You must come in to the Health & Wellness Centre to make this same day appointment. These appointments are approximately 30-45 minutes in length.
In an Emergency or Crisis
If you are experiencing a crisis and feeling unable to cope and the Health & Wellness Centre is not open, emergency services and resources are available:
- Good2Talk Helpline for Post Secondary Students: 1-866-925-5454
- East Metro Youth Services Walk in Counselling Clinic: 416-438-3697
- Scarborough Mobile Crisis Unit: 416-495-2891
- Toronto Distress Centre: 416-408-4357
- Campus Police: 416-287-7333
- Rouge Valley Centenary Hospital: 416-284-8131
- For emergency situations call 911