Current students living in residence can make a counselling appointment by:
- Residence Life Team on-call: 416-688-3818UTSC Community Police: 416-978-2222
- MySSP - 24/7 immediate counselling support for all Univerisity of Toronto students: 1-844-951-9700
- Good2Talk - Helpline for all post-secondary students: 1-866-925-5454
- Scarborough Health Network Crisis Support: 416-495-2891
- Distress Centres of Greater Toronto - 24/7/365 distress phone support: 416-408-4357
If you have questions about other student mental health related resources, please visit: https://mentalhealth.utoronto.ca/.
Counselling is the chance to speak to someone about any struggles or concerns you may be experiencing. Counselling is not about getting advice, but rather the chance to talk to someone who will listen without judgement, and who will work collaboratively with you on your goals. It’s a free and confidential service. For students who need more complex or long-term help, the counsellor will work to connect you to appropriate community supports
The Residence Counsellor helps students who face a variety of issues. Some of these include: anxiety, stress, depression, relationship problems, body image, self-esteem, substance abuse, coming out, family conflict, and more. Some students worry that their problems might not be "big enough” to seek out counselling for, but everyone can use someone to talk to! There is no such thing as too small (or too big) of a concern to talk to the counsellor about. Everyone is welcome.
It depends on your individual situation and goals, but other students who saw the Residence Counsellor reported feeling happier, less stressed, more connected to the residence and campus community, and more confident in their ability to handle their stresses.
|Meet our wonderful Residence Counsellor, Annie Au!|