Students dancing

As an international student, you are responsible to obtain and maintain valid immigration and travel documents to study and work in Canada. You should never let your documents expire. Certified immigration advisors at the International Student Center (ISC) are happy to help you with your legal documents and Canadian immigration inquiries.

If you have questions about:

  • Study Permit
  • Temporary Resident Visa (TRV)
  • Electronic Travel Authorization (e-TA)
  • On and off-campus employment
  • Co-op Work Permit
  • Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP)
  • Social Insurance Number (SIN)
  • Maintaining eligibility to work and study in Canada
  • Lost or stolen legal documents
  • Canadian permanent residency and citizenship

Effective Monday, March 16, 2020 the ISC has moved to virtual appointments. Drop-in and in-person appointments are no longer available. Transition and immigration advisors are ready to support you remotely via email, skype, phone or zoom. CLNx is the best option for booking appointments.

To book your appointment:

  1. Log into CLNx with your UTOR id and password.
  2. Under the CLN Dashboard menu on the left-hand side, click on 'Appointments'
  3. Click 'UTSC International Student Centre”
  4. Click on a timeslot in the calendar that says 'Open'
  5. Be sure to include the following information:
  • You can choose how you want to meet in the “Notes” section by Skype (include your SkypeID) or by phone (include your phone number). 
  • Include a brief description of reason for appointment including expiry date of your documents, your country of citizenship, and your current location (inside or out of Canada)
  1. Click 'Book Appointment'. You will receive a confirmation email once the appointment has been booked successfully. 

If you have difficulty booking an appointment online, please email your inquiry to

Please use your U of T email address and provide:

  • Your student # and UTORid
  • Your citizenship and current location (inside or outside Canada)
  • The expiry dates of your immigration documents
  • Your current year and program of study