The BRIDGE proudly employs students in both workstudy and co-op positions. Students work on research projects, events, marketing and communications, administrative support, and their contributions are central to the operation of The BRIDGE.
Our project work covers many academic areas, so students from all disciplines are welcome to apply. Students learn skills ranging from data analytics, software development, communications, operations, project management, and more.
Come to ONE of our BSA Info Sessions to learn more about what BSAs do!
- Monday, April 3rd: 11AM-12PM
- Monday, April 17th: 12-1PM
RSVP on The BRIDGE Role Info Session Registration page.
We are Hiring Work Study Students for Summer 2023!
APPLY ON CLNX Starting April 17th, 2023.
The BRIDGE Student Assistant - Communications & Website Support (3 Openings)
Are you creative, inventive, and passionate about storytelling? Are you interested in marketing and advertising as a future career? Do you want to work on a number of different projects with a variety of stakeholders to help them represent their brands and deliver their messages to a diverse audience? If your answer was “Yes”, then The BRIDGE and the Department of Management has a terrific employment opportunity for you!
The BRIDGE Student Assistant - Communications & Website Support will play a significant role in profiling and promoting the projects, the people behind them, and the impactful outcomes for a number of initiatives delivered through The BRIDGE. The successful candidate will help develop strategy and create content for publication, Instagram and other social media channels, and work on developing video story boards that align with stakeholder visions and strategic goals, as well as supporting content and design needs for student start-ups in The BRIDGE’s New Venture Program. Once the vision and strategy has been developed collaboratively, the successful candidate will be responsible for producing and curating timely content for approval by Management and Library Communications through the Communications Officers and BRIDGE Coordinators to ensure alignment with departmental strategy and policy. The goal of this effort is to engage with and expand the audience, while uniquely telling the stories of the work done by Management students and faculty in support of our industry and community partners. The incumbent will also have the opportunity to assist in developing a narrative for The BRIDGE’s new website design, focusing on the student experience offered through The BRIDGE’s innovative programs working closely with the Liaison Librarian.
Working under the supervision and in collaboration with the Academic Director of The BRIDGE and the Entrepreneurship and Work-Integrated Learning Program Coordinator, The BRIDGE Student Assistant - Communications & Website Support will be empowered to strategize, design, test, and iterate on a multitude of digital and traditional marketing campaigns for a number of initiatives. The successful candidate will earn the prestige of developing and managing the content for an official U of T media channel and amass a portfolio of marketing creative that will stand out on any résumé.
Produce timely Instagram posts and stories documenting the people, programs, and events from The BRIDGE and the Department of Management, and any other programs at UTSC that we collaborate with;
Research and write compelling original website content for The BRIDGE’s website—leveraging writing, story-telling, graphic design, user interface design, photography, video—targeted to audience preferences;
Collaborate with staff to brainstorm ideas, in line with The BRIDGE’s web strategy and in support of various initiatives;
Storyboard ideas and themes for a promotional video for The BRIDGE;
Support student start-ups with their design and promotional support needs;
Work closely on any marketing and promotional requirements for projects with industry and community partners as they arise;
Encourage and engage in dialogue with current and prospective students through social media; and,
Serve as a key partner on The BRIDGE team, while working collaboratively with stakeholders from the Department of Management and the Library’s marketing team; serving as an ambassador for the UTSC brand, operating with the highest standards of professionalism and integrity.
The BRIDGE Student Assistant (4 Openings)
Under the direction of The BRIDGE Library Reference Technician, The BRIDGE Student Assistant (BSA) supports the delivery of excellent customer service, innovative programming, and experiential learning activities. BSAs support a variety of projects and initiatives throughout the academic year and are valued members of The BRIDGE team.
- Answering general information and directional questions about The BRIDGE, and providing appropriate referrals to other staff members and campus units
- Assisting patrons with equipment and software: Bloomberg terminals, lab terminals, specialized research and data software, printer, etc.
- Informing patrons of the policies
- Collecting and maintaining in-house statistics
- Managing The BRIDGE space
- Creating and updating user guides, for example finance and data resources guides.
- Creating and updating web content.
- Reporting any technical or facilities issues to The BRIDGE team as they arise.
- Collecting and analyzing student feedback and operational statistics.
- Assisting with special projects, for example, new initiatives, research projects, community engagement etc.
- Researching ideas for innovative programming and providing recommendations to The BRIDGE team.
- Assisting with special events.
- Preference will be given to students currently enrolled in UTSC Department of Management
- Bachelor's degree in progress
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to work independently
- Outstanding time management skills
- Positive attitude and a team player