Photo above: The last day at placement for Luzianne Reid (Class of 2015) with FECOFUN in Charikot, Dolakha district, Nepal
Applying & Admission Requirements
High school students interested in applying for the IDS Co-op program (HBA) must have completed Grade 12 English and have high academic standing. Since students in the program will be taking an Introduction to Environmental Sciences course and an Introduction to Micro/Macroeconomics course in their first year, we recommend high school students to take 1 Grade 12 science and 1 Grade 12 math.
High school students interested in applying for the IDS Co-op program (HBSc) must have completed Grade 12 Biology, Chemistry, Algebra (or Functions), and Physics, as well as have high academic standing.
Scholarship Opportunities for International Students
The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships: http://www.future.utoronto.ca/pearson/about
High School and Transfer Students From Other Universities:
Enrollment into the IDS Co-op Program is limited. On top of the regular admissions processes followed by the Ontario University Admissions Center (OUAC), the IDS Co-op Program also requires a Supplementary Application Form (SAF), from which selected students will receive an interview with members of the IDS staff and faculty. Interviews are normally held between January and May for students who pass the initial screening. Admissions are granted on the basis of the applicants’:
- academic performance
- background in relevant subjects
- extra-curricular involvement
- language skills
- experience or interest in international development studies and work.
Current UTSC Student and considering IDS Co-op?
Please check out our website about what students are currently doing for their placements: https://www.utsc.utoronto.ca/ccds/2019-2020-placements
For consideration to begin the program in June, please apply by April 13, July 30.
For consideration to begin in September, please apply by TBD.
For admission, the minimum cumulative grade point average (CGPA) requirement is 2.5. Selected applicants will be invited to an interview with IDS Program Staff and Faculty. Please be aware that the CGPA of 2.5 must be maintained to remain in the co-op program.
Will you have 6 or more credits by Fall 2019? Students who will have six or more credits by fall 2019 are not eligible for admission.
How to apply
If you are already enrolled at U of T Scarborough and would like to be considered for a transfer into the IDS Co-op Program, please follow the steps below:
- Download the supplementary application form.
- Send the completed application form and resume to: Idsfirstname.lastname@example.org
- Request a change of subject POSt to the desired co-op (BA or BSc) program in ACORN. Check the Office of the Registrar's website or the registration guide for the dates to request subject POSts.
- Selected applicants will be invited to an interview. The purpose of the interview is to understand your interest in the IDS Co-op Program and the skills and experience you bring. Interviews will be in-person, telephone or skype.
If you have questions about the form or applying to the IDS Co-op Program, contact:
International Development Studies Co-op