About the Queen Elizabeth Scholars Program
To anyone who’s had an educational experience overseas, there is little doubt of the life-changing impact it can have. Students and researchers who have studied or worked abroad often come back with a new sense of self, of their own abilities and strength, and a better understanding of what they find personally fulfilling.
What is now becoming clearer is that these benefits extend beyond the individual to the broader good of the economy and the country. That the skills and connections scholars develop abroad are major contributors to their future success.
Despite these benefits, Canada ranks among the countries with the lowest participation rate in international education, with only 3.1 per cent of Canadian students per year going abroad on international study programs or exchanges, according to the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD).
Through its promotion of international student exchange and civic engagement, the QES program is helping to grow young Canadians into global citizens while promoting Canada as a destination for the world’s top talent and attracting top talent and international research leaders to Canada.
To learn more about the 2019-2020 UTSC QE scholars on short-term placements, click here!
**The Canadian Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Scholarships (QES) is managed through a unique partnership of Universities Canada, the Rideau Hall Foundation (RHF), Community Foundations of Canada (CFC) and Canadian universities. This program is made possible with financial support from the Government of Canada, provincial governments and the private sector.**
2019 Internship Positions (CLOSED NOW)
- Communication & ICT Officer - Aid to Artisans Ghana
- Communications Officer - Fair River International Association for Development Ghana
- Public Engagement Officer - Trade Unions Congress Ghana
- Business Development Officer - Tanzania Tourist Board Tanzania
- Communications and Documentation Officer - Vision for Youth Tanzania
- Communications and Knowledge Management Officer - SUGECO Tanzania
- Social Network and Marketing - Tanzania Tourist Board Tanzania
- Youth Engagement Officer - Jitegemee Vijana Tanzania Foundation Tanzania
- Youth Engagement Officer - MVIWATA Tanzania
- Communications and Knowledge Management Officer - Early Childhood Development Coalition Malawi
- Communications Officer - WUSC Malawi
- IT and Communications Officer - Tea Association of Malawi
- M&E and Communications Officer - Network for Youth Development Malawi
- Media Business Officer - Timveni Malawi
- Partnership and Networking Officer - Art and Global Health Centre Africa (ArtGlo) Malawi
- Communication & Marketing Officer- Northern Province Tourism Association Sri Lanka
- Impact Investment Officer - The Lanka Impact Investing Network Sri Lanka
- Marketing and Communications Officer - Women Entrepreneurship Program Sri Lanka
- Youth Inclusion Officer - Hayleys-Kelani Valley Plantations Sri Lanka