On this page you will find information on how to share your research findings, measure and maximize your impact, preserve your research in the university repository, and, if applicable commercialize your invention.
Research impact is the demonstrable contribution that research makes to academia, society and the economy. Getting your research read and discussed will increase your impact and offer you honours and awards.
Explore these U of T Library resources for more information on how to increase and measure your research impact:
Outputs & Publications
Explore these U of T Library resources for critical elements to consider when sharing your research through scholarly publication:
- Scholarly Communications and Copyright
- Author Rights
- Open Access Publishing and Open Access Compliance
- Deceptive Publishing
- TSpace, a free and secure research repository established by University of Toronto Libraries to disseminate and preserve the scholarly record of University of Toronto community
- U of T Dataverse
You can also promote your research to a general audience to maximize the reach and impact of your research. Learn more about using the different media channels, including social media, the university website, online, print and broadcast media, and other public engagement channels to share your research.
Explore these CRIS resources to share your research with an external audience:
- Writing Support for Researchers
- From Research to Impact: A toolkit for Developing Effective Policy Briefs
- Leveraging Digital Platforms to Support Research Impact
- Using Social Media to Promote Your Research
- For media tips on writing an effective opinion piece and TV interview tips, visit A Guide for Sharing Your Research with the Media
- Please contact the University Marketing and Communications Office for support around publicizing your work through the media.
Awards & Honours
- U of T Honours & Awards Opportunities database
- U of T President's Impact Award
- UTSC Research Recognition Award
- UTSC Principal's Research Award
- UTSC Research Excellence Faculty Scholars
- UTSC Pre-Tenure Faculty Research Award
- External Awards & Honours
Please contact OVPRI Research Awards & Honours Officer for all matters related to awards & honours.
Commercialize An Invention
Want to turn your research invention into a marketable product or process? The Innovations & Partnerships Office (IPO) is your first stop to Commercialize an Invention.
- U of T Library Intellectual Property Resources
- U of T Library Entrepreneurship Guide
- The Bridge Entrepreneurship Research Training