Funding for Indigenous Students

Indigenous students may qualify for financial support through their band and/or other government sponsored programs. Students should check with their band or Indigenous Services Canada (ISC).Opens an external site in a new window Financial support from bands may be in the form of tuition, books, living expenses, and disability-related educational expenses.

Student’s requiring a letter of accommodation for their funding can download it from myAIMS.  However, If students need the letter to include information such as a reduced courseload and confirmation accommodations were in place during a specific term, students are directed to speak with their Disability Consultant.

For other funding specific to indigenous students (e.g. bursaries, travel grant) see OSAP for Under-represented learners