Return to Policies Page
As stated in the Food Partnerships Rules and Regulations, a potluck is defined as members of a certain group providing individually prepared food from private kitchens for the purpose of eating together. The following guidelines must be followed to ensure the safety of the group.
Note: Potlucks must be private events and not be open to the general University community or student population.
- Campus departments, groups of departments, student groups, and student organizations may host internal potlucks for formally recognized members only.
- Potlucks cannot take place in any public spaces on the Scarborough campus.
- Prior to hosting a potluck, permission to use the space must be obtained from the party responsible for that space.
- Advertising for potlucks is not permitted.
- Fundraising through potlucks is not permitted.
- The group must choose a representative who shall document the food items being served, location the items were prepared at, and ingredients in each item.
- The persons preparing the food must not be ill, have a cold or the flu, or any wounds or cuts on their hands.