COVID-19 Update: Learn more about our expanded services and financial support for employers hiring Summer 2020 co-op
A reputable program: Exclusive to the Scarborough campus the Management Co-op Program has provided employers with talented, hardworking students since 1975. Students complete a four year BBA program where they alternate between working and studying full-time.
"SKF Canada's marketing department have had interns from UTSC for the last 3 years. Every intern has come with a great skill-set and aptitude and within a short time frame developed into valuable members of our marketing team".
A reputation for excellence: prior to entering our competitive program, students must meet high academic standards and demonstrate a strong commitment to success in their chosen field.
"We are a longstanding supporter of the Management co-op Program at the University of Toronto Scarborough (UTSC). The reason for this is simple - at RBC we have continuously received a number of top caliber UTSC students who have become high performers for the organization.
By tapping into our program, you will have access to top quality talent in:
- Human Resources
- Project Management
- Strategic Planning
- Personalized customer service free of charge: Our office coordinates all co-op recruitment activities on your behalf free of charge. We make your hiring needs our priority and pride ourselves on our flexibility and our ability to accommodate most employers’ requests.
- Tax Credit: By hiring one of our students, your corporation may be eligible to receive a maximum refundable tax credit of $3,000. Please contact us or visit the Co-operative Education Tax Credit information website for further information.
- Guaranteed return on investment: Co-op students perform high quality of work for less money than seasoned professionals. It is also a cost-effective way to assess well-prepared candidates for future employment. To be redirected to the compensation guidelines please click here.
- Small Business Internship Program (SBIP): The Small Business Internship Program provides small and medium-sized enterprises financial support to hire a post secondary student intern to assist them in their adoption of e-business strategies to increase their productivity and competitiveness. For more information, please visit Small Business Internship Program
The Hiring Process
- Employment Criteria: Once you establish that you have the budget to hire a student on a full time basis, for either a period of 4, 8 or 12 months, you are on your way to becoming a Co-op employer!
- Job posting: Submit your job description by email at email@example.com. Your assigned Coordinator will contact you within the next 24 hours to confirm the details of the posting. This Coordinator will assist you throughout the recruitment process ensuring that your hiring needs are met.
- Application packages: Our office will send you an application package on the application deadline which is most appropriate for you.
- Interviews: We will schedule interviews on your behalf. Simply contact your Coordinator who will be happy to assist you with this process.
- Ranking Round offers: Your Co-op Coordinator will collect your rankings of preferred students, before the matching deadline. Upon matching the results will be confirmed with you. We hope you’ll get a fantastic co-op student!
- Continuous round offers: Let your Coordinator know the details of the employment offer. The offer will be extended to the student on your behalf who will then have 24 hours to confirm their decision.
- Contracts: Once the student accepts your offer, you may send them your formal letter of offer!