Whether you’re a new grad seeking help landing a job or an established worker interested in keeping your skills fresh, U of T can be your lifelong resource for ideas, connections, credentials, and support.
Are you an emerging Founder or Entrepreneur?
All recent management graduates (within the last two years) are eligible to apply for The New Venture Program. This program is offered through the BRIDGE and supported by faculty and librarians. This is unique to management and includes mentorship and resources to help you get you started or expand your early start up.
New! Did you know that you can join the Alumni Business Directory for free? Add your company on UTSC connect today.
Management and Economics alumni who graduated within the last two years have access to continued career services through the Academic Advising & Career Centre
. Career support for all U of T Scarborough Management students is still available through your dedicated Management Career Strategist, Derek Smith
. Appointments are now being conducted by phone or virtually via Microsoft Teams. To book an appointment with Derek, please contact the Academic Advising & Career Centre
at (416) 287-7561. Services included:
- Resume teaching and critiquing
- Job and co-op search help
- Interview preparedness and mock interviews
- Career exploration
- Linked In teaching and profile critiquing
- Career strategic planning
Career Exploration & Education remains open for online service and support.
- 1:1 career advising appointments are available online and can be booked via CLNx.
- Students and recent alumni can register on CLNx for online workshops, career chats and alumni career chats.
- Job Shadowing is still running online. Register for an orientation on CLNx and start your orientation module.
- Graduate students and alumni can register on CLNx for bi-weekly Flexible Futures programming.
- The Next Steps Conference is an annual event for students and recent graduates thinking about life after graduation.
- Register for the University of Toronto Get Hired Conference - hosted annually in May. See CLNx for details. Tips on Professionalism VIDEO.
- CLNx job boards remain active with jobs for recent graduates up to 2 years after graduation.
- UTSC Connect is a new platform where you can find jobs for more experienced or senior alumni 2 yrs or more. You can also post here for free to advertise jobs to alumni at UofT Scarborough.
How to Post a Job to Alumni
Join Our Job Seekers Club!
The Job Seekers Club is a six-week, cohort-based program where groups of 10 to 15 students attend a 90-minute online session once per week to discuss topics and build competencies with their peers related to job search techniques in a supportive and collaborative environment.
- You check in/out each week, where you share stories of career exploration, we reinforce the importance of effort over the outcome, and help you normalize your unique process.
- These sessions reinforce self-awareness efforts and push you to increase your own career clarity and career-related skills.
- Each cohort of the program will have unique needs and experiences but generally fall into these main themes:
- Job search strategy
- Interview preparation and performance
- Understanding human resources and hiring processes
- Resume and cover letters
- Leveraging LinkedIn
- Experience and skills (identifying, seeking, or compensating for lack thereof)
- Career exploration and planning, challenges finding employment, and other topics as applicable.
How do I join the Club?
Register through the below link on CLNx and fill out the required questions. Note: All registration questions must be completed to get approval to join.