Celebrating Excellence in Co-op Recruitment
Named for the U of T Scarborough alumnus who founded the Management Co-op program, the Dr. Jon Dellandrea Award is given annually to a top employer that:
- Fosters the growth of co-op throughout their organization;
- Provides unparalleled skills development opportunities for co-op students; and,
- Motivates students to excel in their work terms and develop a keen interest in staying on full time after graduation.
Dr. Jon Dellandrea Award: Toronto Transit Commission (TTC)
A flagship partner of Management Co-op since 2002, the TTC was named the Dr. Jon Dellandrea Award winner for 2019/20 by demonstrating an unprecedented commitment to student success.
"Since 2019, the TTC has employed 35 of our students across several key disciplines—including accounting, finance, operations, and IT, to name a few—while building a strong campus recruitment brand through networking events and mentorship, both in person and virtually," said Sischa Maharaj, Assistant Director of External Relations and Communications with the Department of Management.
"The TTC truly believes that investing in students, developing their skills, and providing them with opportunities to succeed is key to the organization's success. All co-op students are given the same training as full-time employees. We couldn't be happier to present the Dr. Jon Dellandrea Award to the TTC!"
The TTC joins the distinguished ranks of past award recipients:
- 2018/19: KPMG
- 2017/18: Canada Revenue Agency
- 2016/17: Johnson & Johnson
- 2015/16: Ontario Public Service
- 2014/15: Tator, Rose & Leong
- 2013/14: Toronto Hydro
- 2012/13: RBC
- 2011/12: McGovern, Hurley, Cunningham
- 2010/11: Microsoft Canada
- 2009/10: CPPIB
- 2008/09: OTPP
- 2007/08: Deloitte
- 2006/07: Deloitte
- 2005/06: PwC
- 2004/05: Petro Canada
- 2003/04: PwC
- 2002/03: CIBC Technology
- 2001/02: CIBC Technology
- 2000/01: BMO, E-Business Group
Empowering the Next Generation of Business Leaders
In Management Co-op, we work with more than 300 employers annually across a wide variety of industries, sectors, and business functions, including such firms as: