We accept academically strong candidates who show evidence that they are likely to achieve one or more professional accounting and finance credentials; however, that’s where the similarities end. You expect us to admit candidates with a range of professional interests because you want a diversified professional network after graduation. We value learning about your co-op/internship and summer job experiences, volunteerism, community engagement, and personal interests through our inclusive application process. Applying is fast and easy, but competitive.
Completion of, or in progress of completing, a four-year undergraduate degree at a Canadian University with a specialization in Accounting or equivalent.
A minimum overall grade average of B or 73% across core course requirements, and within that average core courses must be completed with a minimum grade achievement of C+ or 65%.
for applicants not from the University of Toronto.
Evidence of initiative-taking, employability, volunteerism and/or community engagement.
What You Need to Apply
Maximum three pages summarizing your:
- Statement of intent: Why you are applying to MAccFin, why you believe it’s right for you, and how you see it enabling your career launch strategy (200 - 250 words).
- Education: Post-secondary academic history.
- Employment experience: Co-op or internship experiences, other full-time or part-time employment.
- Other professional development activities and accomplishments: Including certifications, training courses, extracurricular activities, competitions and conferences etc.
- Volunteerism and community engagement.
- Personal interests.
Scanned transcripts from all post-secondary programs attended must be uploaded at the time of application. Official transcripts can be submitted later.
Recommendations are like references. Identify two people (we call them referees) who can attest to the knowledge, skills and attributes you’ve demonstrated from your academic, employment, volunteerism or community engagement experiences. You simply specify whether the referee is supplying an academic, employment or other professional recommendation, add the name and contact information for each referee and we’ll email them a short survey to complete. If you completed your undergraduate degree at UTSC, we streamline the process for you.
International Applicants—Additional Application Requirements
- Completion of, or in progress of completing, an appropriate Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent as assessed by the University of Toronto. Use the International Degree Equivalencies Tool to check which international credentials are required.
- Education must be appropriately recognized by the Chartered Professional Accountants (CPA) association in addition to the above eligibility criteria. CPA will assess your academic credentials and will inform you as to whether or not you meet the minimum requirements to enter the MAccFin program. Visit the CPA website for more information on academic assessments. If you meet the minimum course requirement then please upload the CPA documentation to your file when completing your online application.
- If you require additional undergraduate study then you may complete it and subsequently apply to the MAccFin program. We will accept CPA-recognized courses completed at any accredited university-level program or courses offered through the University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies. Please refer to the list of CPA-recognized university programs and courses.
- Proof of English language proficiency through satisfactory performance on a standardized English language test, such as TOEFL and IELTS, if your qualifying education was not taught primarily in English.