Alternative Reading Week (ARW) is a short-term volunteer program that runs during the University of Toronto Scarborough's Fall and Winter Reading Weeks; Winter 2023 is from February 21-24! Partnering with Feed Scarborough program allowed UTSC students, guided by Project Leads, to undergo orientation training, up to 7 hours volunteering on site (food preparation and packaging), followed by a reflection session.
What is required from the student to have this opportunity validated:
- Sign up on CLNx
- Feed Scarborough Corporate Liability Waiver to be completed (See attachment)
- Attend mandatory Orientation training on Tues. Feb 21st from 12:30pm- 3pm (lunch included): BV264
- Attend one or both Feed Scarborough sessions: Wed. Feb. 22nd from 12pm-4pm and/or Thurs. Feb. 23rd from 1pm-4pm
* We will meet, at UTSC (AC227), as a group 1.5 hours before our shift, and travel together by TTC to Feed Scarborough (snacks, transportation and lunch included) Feed Scarborough’s space is cool so dress appropriately!
- Attend mandatory Reflection session on Fri. Feb. 24th from 11:30am-2pm (lunch included): BV264 and submit/present reflection
Please email email@example.com with:
- Your completed Feed Scarborough Liability Waiver (Hard copies will be available during Orientation, if needed)
- If you have an accommodation, dietary restrictions and/or severe allergies that require an Epi-pen, and we will do our best to make appropriate arrangements.
- Your availability, if you are NOT attending all 4 sessions.
Interested in participating in a future Alternative Reading Week? Complete our community engagement registration form.
Want to learn more? Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.