FirstYear@UTSC is an online program hosted by the Academic Advising & Career Centre, the First Year Experience Program (Student Life Programs), and the International Student Centre.
- Connect with First Year Peers of various academic disciplines, and academic advisors who are excited to share their experiences with you.
- Get help choosing your first year courses and receive answers to your questions through the Get Started program.
- Prepare for your first-year through the Prep Yourself workshop series.
- Learn about U of T Scarborough's campus life, and tips for navigating your first-year at UTSC.
- Stay on track of important dates and deadlines with the FirstYear@UTSC Checklist and regular program announcements.
- Develop skills to support you in your first year through self-paced learning modules, workshops and events, and workshop recordings.
Common Questions About FirstYear@UTSC
All incoming first year students will have access to FirstYear@UTSC from mid-June to the end of their first year. If you were admitted to UTSC after June 1st, you will be added to the program within 2 weeks of accepting your offer.
You should hear from your First Year Peer by mid-June or within 2 weeks of accepting your offer to UTSC (if after June 1st). If you do not hear from your First Year Peer during this time, please contact us at email@example.com. We may have outdated contact information (e.g. your high school email address) or may be experiencing a technical issue that we need to address.
To sign up for Prep Yourself Workshops, visit the FirstYear@UTSC calendar of events on the Career & Co-Curricular Learning Network (CLNx).
FirstYear@UTSC is not an academic course. This program is not for academic credit and will not affect your grades. Instead, this program is a hub for resources and support as your navigate your first-year at UTSC.
For questions related to the Get Started Program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions related to your First Year Peer and FirstYear@UTSC, please contact email@example.com.