Students can call the Health & Wellness Centre to book an appointment with a nurse to learn about contraception (birth control) options. During this session, the nurse will review:
- Birth control options
- How birth control methods are used
- Risks and benefits of birth control methods
- The importance of, and what is involved with a Pap test
- Risk of sexually transmitted infections
- Information on emergency contraception
Following the Contraceptive Counselling session, the nurse will schedule an appointment with a doctor to get a prescription for their preferred method of birth control.
The Contraceptive Questionnaire can be found here. Please complete it before your appointment with the nurse. It will help to guide the education session and help you to narrow down your options.