TERMS OF REFERENCE
To provide advice and make recommendations to the Health & Wellness Centre regarding the programs and services provided by the Centre to the students at University of Toronto Scarborough.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Health and Wellness Centre Advisory Committee members will:
- Provide feedback to the Health & Wellness Centre regarding the programs and services
- Review the operation plan of the department of the upcoming year and the five-year budget
- Make recommendations regarding the financial health of the Centre
- Review, support, and represent the Health & Wellness Centre with special projects such as involvement at various meetings and events.
The Health & Wellness Centre invites members from various key campus stakeholder groups to the Health & Wellness Centre, which include students, staff, librarians, and faculty members
- Faculty Representative (1)
- Residence Advisor (1)
- Staff Representative (1)
- Residence Undergraduate student – Student in Residence (1)
- Undergraduate Student (2)
- Council on Student Services Member (1)
- Graduate Student Association at Scarborough Representative (GSAS) (1)
- Librarian Representative (1)
The following members will have no voting power:
- Assistant Dean, Wellness, Recreation & Sport
- Director, Health & Wellness
- Assistant Director, Health & Wellness
- Business Officer, Health & Wellness
- A UTSC Health & Wellness Centre member (1) (for minute taking, vote counting, and other meeting administration and coordination)
- Ex Officio member(s) from Office of Student Experience and Wellbeing. Contribute to the meetings with information and ideas regarding programs and services relating to the Centre.
CHAIRS AND STUDENT LEADER
The committee shall be chaired by a representative of the committee (usually the Assistant Dean, Wellness, Recreation & Sport and the Director, Health & Wellness) and 1 – 2 Student Leaders, who will work in partnership with the Co-Chairs. The Student Leader(s) will be elected by the members. • The Student Leader(s) will have a term of one (1) academic year, the year being from September to May.
Eligible Votes (minimum):
- Faculty members or Staff Member (1)
- Students (3) - the Student Leader(s) may vote
- Assistant Dean, Wellness, Recreation & Sport and/or Director, Health & Wellness have no voting power, but must be present for vote
Voting will be done by secret ballots collected by the Health & Wellness representative who will tabulate and report the outcome to the committee.
Meetings will be held at least once a semester and possibly more frequently during times of budget and new project initiatives.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION REGARDING THE ADVISORY
HEALTH & WELLNESS CENTRE ADVISORY COMMITTEE BACKGROUND
The Health Services Advisory Committee was established in December 1993 and continued to 1995. The Advisory Committee took a hiatus from 1995 to 1997 when it reconvened in the month of October until present. This was then referred to as the Health & Wellness Centre Advisory Committee. The Terms of Reference were last revised in 2023.