Groups for 2023
UTSC Health & Wellness Centre offers three types of Health & Wellness group sessions.
Please see the mental health and wellness focused groups and workshops facilitated by Counsellor/Therapists and Peer Supporters here:
Register for all groups via CLNx.
- Mental Health Workshops. These workshops are educational in approach. They provide information and support to cope and improve your well-being and better understand mental health surrounding various topics and issues.
- Drop-in Groups. Participants are encouraged to engage throughout the session. These groups focus on developing and improving self-care strategies. Participants may join these groups at any point throughout the series, weekly registration is required.
- Therapy Groups. Weekly attendance is mandatory, and an intake assessment is required. The student must reside in Ontario due to governmental regulations. Therapy groups help change attitudes, behaviour and habits that may be unhelpful; and promote more constructive and adaptive ways of coping.
Group Therapy Schedule
Counsellors: Maria and Danielle
Type: Therapy Group – Hybrid
This DBT informed group will introduce participants to skills they can use to manage their reactions to stress and emotions. This is a closed group where students will start with a mini-orientation to the upcoming module. Modules include mindfulness, distress tolerance, emotion regulation and interpersonal effectiveness. A variety of methods will be used including handouts, short videos and small group activities. Students who consistently attend will have the opportunity to attend a processing group the week after each module.
- Mindfulness Module - Tuesdays 2:30 - 4:00pm, September 26 - October 24 (no group during Reading Week)
- Distress Tolerance Module - Thursdays 3:00 - 4:30pm, September 28 - October 26 (no group during Reading Week)
Students who attend at least one module will have the option to attend a processing group on October 30th and/or November 2nd, 2023.
- Emotional Regulation Module - Tuesdays 2:30 - 4:00pm, November 7 - 28
- Interpersonal Effectiveness Module - Thursdays 3:00 - 4:30pm, November 9 - 30
Students who attend at least one module will have the option to attend a processing group on December 5th and/or December 7th (date may be flexible based on exams)
The same participants will be meeting weekly over 8-10 sessions. Participants will be required to register with the Health & Wellness Centre to participate in this group.
Please email email@example.com to register for this group. This group requires a brief intake interview as a part of the registration process.