- Pre-booked Appointment: Book in advance by calling our Centre at 416 287-7561 to set up your phone or online appointment.
- Virtual Academic Advising Drop-ins: For a quick question, you will be placed in our daily queue to consult with an Academic & Learning Strategist. Call our Centre for availability as it varies throughout the year.
- Online: for general inquiries, you can use our contact form.
- Prior to contacting our Centre, please carefully review the following to maximize your appointment time:
Meet with an Academic & Learning Strategist to:
- Develop your academic plan to graduation
- Review your course selection in relation to completing program and degree requirements
- Assess your learning and life management skills
- Develop study strategies to improve your academic performance
- Discuss academic standing, GPA, academic regulations issues, integrity concerns and petitions
- Learn about resources and services available on campus
Preparing for Your Academic Advising Appointment
It's important to be prepared for your appointment to make the best use of your time with the Advising & Learning Strategist.
Study Skills (bring the following, if they apply):
- If you want to develop your reading skills, bring a sample of your readings
- If you want to develop your note-taking skills, bring a sample of your current notes
- If you want to improve your time management, bring information such as, your class schedule, work schedule, extra-curricular commitments, etc.
Meet with a Career Counsellor or Career Strategist to:
- Explore various career and graduate/post-graduate options
- Review your resume, cover letter, and CV
- Discuss post-graduation plans
- Develop strategies to improve your interview skills
- Practice with Mock Interviews
Preparing for Your Career Appointment
It's important to be prepared for your appointment to make the best use of your time with the Career Counsellor or Career Strategist.