Managing your Career: Strategies for Students with Disabilities
These modules were designed to assist students with transitioning from school to work. This is a pilot project and we welcome your feedback. If you would like to provide feedback, contact information is provided at the end of each module.
If you are having issues opening the modules, please try using a different browser (e.g. Firefox, Internet Explorer). All new modules are expected to be delivered before Fall 2019!
New Videos coming soon!
- Module 1: Career Planning
- Module 2: Understanding Employment Equity
- Module 3: Employment Barriers
- Module 4: Self-Advocacy & Disclosure
- Module 5: Workplace Accommodations
- Module 6: Resources for Students and Employers
- Community Resources: Start here! This list of community resources covers a range of programs available to persons with disabilities
- ODEN: A network of employment service providers united to increase employment opportunities for people who have a disability. Find supportive agencies here!
- Check out this collection of job search and career-related videos from the National Educational Association of Disabled Students: http://www.neads.ca/en/norc/videos/employment.php
- Curious about less-than-full-time or work-from-home employment? Try searching for terms like "work from home" and "remote work".
- National Disability Employment Awareness Month: News and information on supports for individuals with disabilities seeking employment.
- NCWD for Youth: Information and reflections on life and work for youth with disabilities.
- DiscoverAbility Network: Ryerson's job board, Magnet, has partnered with the Ontario Chambers of Commerce to connect students and graduates with disabilities to employers who are motivated to hire you! Create a profile on the Magnet platform and self-identify (100% privately) as a person with a disability to be "screened-in".