To complete your degree at UTSC, you must complete both the degree and program requirements. Complete the following 3 steps using Degree Explorer to stay on track towards completing your degree at UTSC.
- Assess your Program requirements
- Assess your Degree requirements
- Map out your future courses on the Degree Explorer Planner
- Degree Explorer:
Use this tool to confirm your degree and program requirements that are complete and incomplete under the “Current Status” section.
- Use the Degree explorer planner feature to map out your entire degree. Click on the “Planner” to add courses and check if you will meet the pre-requisites. Add hypothetical programs you are interested in to consider "what if" scenarios.
- Degree Explorer Tutorial Videos:
- Academic Calendar
The UTSC academic calendar includes informaiton on academic policies, list of courses, degree requirements, and program requirements which could change each year.
- Degree & Program Planning FAQ page
- Future Course Offering:
Check the list of courses for the next academic year. If you find an entire subject area missing from the list, take a look at the Timetable to see which semester the courses you want to take are usually offered to get an idea of when the next time the course you want to take might be offered.
- 12 Distinct Credit Tipsheet:
If you are studying more than one program, use the tipsheet to calculate the minimum of 12.0 credits required between your programs.
- Important academic and financial dates and deadlines
- Courses on Other Campuses
- Timetable Builder
- Search for courses offered at other UofT campuses.Taking program requirements at other campuses? Seek permission from program advisor first.
- Transfer Credit Support and Module
Program Specific Resources for Students
- Arts & Science co-op (Open menu -> Students -> Current co-op students)
- Biology (Open menu -> Resources -> Undergraduate studies)
- Computer science, mathematics, and statistics (Open menu -> Programs)
- Psychology program checklist, Course equivalencies at UTSG/UTM, Resource portal
Which program and degree requirements do I complete?
- You can find the degree and program requirements in the Academic Calendar. In this, you can find academic policies, list of courses, degree requirements, and program requirements which could change each year.
- Take a look at the table below to identify which calendar you could follow for your degree and program requirements.
- Prior to Fall 2019
Calendars were in effect during Summer -> Fall -> Winter sessions (e.g. 2017-2018 calendar was in effect during the Summer 2017, Fall 2017, and Winter 2018 sessions).
- From Fall 2019 and onwards
Calendar has been in effect during Fall -> Winter -> Summer sessions (e.g. 2020-2021 calendar was in effect during the Fall 2020, Winter 2021, and Summer 2021 sessions).
- 2018-2019 calendar is an exception as the calendar was in effect from Summer 2018 to Summer 2019 sessions (refer to the table below).
|Start Session on Degree Explorer||Calendar in effect|
Which Degree Requirements Do I Complete?
- Students can complete the degree requirements outlined in the Academic Calendar in effect during their first or most recent registration at UTSC, or any in effect during the intervening period.
- For students who started in 2010 and onwards, the breadth requirement category can be found in the course description. Tip: Search for courses based on their breadth category at utsc.calendar.utoronto.ca/search-courses.
- Don't remember when you were admitted to UTSC? Check Degree Explorer. Look for Degree -> Start Session.
Which Program Requirements Do I Complete?
Since program requirements listed in the calendar could change from year to year, it is important to understand which program requirements you can follow.
Enrolled in program prior to April 1, 2013 (Summer 2013 session)
- You can complete any of the program requirements since the year you were admitted to UTSC.
Enrolled in program since April 1, 2013 (Summer 2013 session)
HBA & HBSc programs
- You can complete any of the program requirements listed in the calendar since you added your program.
- Changed from co-op to non co-op version of the same program? Complete any program requirements from the year you were admitted to the co-op program.
- You can complete any of the program requirements since the year you were initially admitted into the Management specialist program, even if you switch into another type of Management specialist program
Don't remember when you added your program? Check Degree Explorer. Look for Programs -> Start Session.
Program Planning Tips
- You can follow program requirements from different calendars for your programs. E.g., 2017-2018 Biology major and 2016-2017 Psychology major requirements.
- Want to know which program requirements would be best? Use the Degree Explorer Planner feature to assess your progress towards completing program requirements from various calendars; click on the drop-down box to change the year.
- If you choose to follow the program requirements from a different calendar year, inform the Registrar’s Office by using the “Contact Us” button in Degree Explorer.
- Credit/No Credit (CR/NCR) courses cannot be used toward your program.
- Do you want to use your transfer credits toward your programs? Seek permission from your program advisor. For further information review uoft.me/utsctransfercredit.
If you need assistance with your academic planning, you can meet with an Academic & Learning Strategist. Check our drop-in hour and appointments. Please note that students are responsible for tracking their program and degree requirements.