To complete your degree at UTSC, you must complete both the degree and program requirements. Complete the following 3 steps using Degree Explorer track your progress.
- Assess your Program requirements
- Assess your Degree requirements
- Map out your future courses on the Degree Explorer Planner
Click on the image below to watch the video tutorial.
- Degree Explorer
- Review your “Current Status” section
- Use the “Planner" feature to add future courses and hypothetical programs you want to switch into.
- Academic Calendar
Includes academic policies, list of courses, degree requirements, and program requirements which which is in effect for 1 year.
- Breadth requirements
Go to utsc.calendar.utoronto.ca/search-courses and select the Breadth Requirement category.
- Degree & Program Planning FAQ page
- Future Course Offering
Add future courses into your Degree Explorer Planner. Entire subject area missing from the list?Check the Archived Timetable to see which semester the courses are usually offered.
- 12 Distinct Credit Tipsheet
Studying more than one program? Calculate the minimum of 12.0 different credits required between your programs.
- Courses on Other Campuses
- Timetable Builder
Search for courses at all UofT campuses. Seek permission from the program advisor first if you plan to take program requirements at other campuses.
- Transfer credit module
Which Requirements Do I Complete?
Degree and program requirements listed in the calendar could change each year.
The Academic Calendar is in effect for 1 year during Fall -> Winter -> Summer sessions.
E.g. 2022-2023 calendar was in effect during the Fall 2022, Winter 2023, and Summer 2023 sessions.
Started your degree program prior to Fall 2019?
Refer to this table to check which calendar was in effect during each session.
Which Degree Requirements Do I Complete?
- You can complete the degree requirements listed in the Academic Calendar which was in effect when you started your degree at UTSC.
- Alternatively, you can complete the degree requirement which has been listed during the first or most recent year of registration at UTSC, or any in effect during the intervening period.
Don't remember when you were admitted to UTSC? Check Degree Explorer. Look for Degree -> Start Session.
Which program requirements do I complete?
Started program prior to April 1, 2013 (Summer 2013 session)
- You can complete any of the program requirements from the calendar which was in effect since the year you were admitted to UTSC.
Started program since April 1, 2013 (Summer 2013 session)
HBA & HBSc programs
- You can complete any of the program requirements from the calendar which was in effect since you started your program.
- Changed from co-op to non co-op version of the same program? Complete any program requirements that have been published since the year you started your co-op program. Refer to the Calendar.
- You can complete any of the program requirements since the year you were initially admitted into the Management specialist program, even if you switch into another type of Management specialist program. Refer to the Calendar.
Don't remember when you added your program? Check Degree Explorer. Look for Programs -> Start Session.
Program Planning Tips
- You can follow program requirements from different calendars for your programs. E.g., 2017-2018 Biology major and 2016-2017 Psychology major requirements.
- Want to know which program requirements would be best? Use the Degree Explorer Planner to assess your progress towards completing program requirements from various calendars by clicking on the drop-down box to change the year.
- If you choose to follow the program requirements from a different calendar year, inform the Registrar’s Office by using the “Contact Us” button in Degree Explorer.
- Credit/No Credit (CR/NCR) courses cannot be used toward your program.
Program Specific Resources for Students
- Arts & Science co-op (Open menu -> Students -> Current co-op students)
- Biology (Open menu -> Resources -> Undergraduate studies)
- Computer science, mathematics, and statistics (Open menu -> Programs)
- Psychology: Program checklists, Course equivalencies at UTSG/UTM, Resource portal
If you plan to graduate during an upcoming Convocation period, make a request to graduate on ACORN before the deadlines.
Academic Advising Support
If you need assistance with your academic planning, you can meet with an Academic & Learning Strategist. Check our drop-in hour and appointments. Please note that students are responsible for tracking their program and degree requirements.