Scholarship Eligibility and Conditions
The availability and monetary value of all scholarships are subject to change. U of T Scarborough reserves the right to change the value and eligibility criteria for awards without notice.
U of T Scarborough Entrance Scholarships for Domestic Students are based on the following criteria and conditions:
- U of T Scarborough Entrance Scholarships for Domestic Students are available for domestic students only.
- U of T Scarborough Entrance Scholarships for Domestic Students are based on the scholarship average at the time of admission.
- The scholarship average includes courses used to determine your eligibility for admission.
- Scholarship eligibility will be determined by a student’s admission average, consistency of performance and any other criteria used to determine admissibility (for example standardized tests and entrance examinations).
- Upgraded marks and marks for courses taken in the summer immediately before your admitted term to the University are not used in the calculation of the scholarship average. Where a course has been repeated, the first grade attained will be used for scholarship average calculation.
- Scholarships will be honoured for students who receive an offer of admission by May 31, 2021 and who accept the offer by the specified offer response date. Students who do not meet these criteria will be considered for scholarships on a case-by-case basis.
- U of T Scarborough reserves the right to withdraw scholarships where the information submitted at the time of admission is found to be inaccurate or incomplete.
- Once attained, the value of your scholarship will not be reduced, provided that you satisfy the conditions of your offer.
- Students must register for the 2021–2022 Fall and Winter Sessions as a full-time student taking at least 2.0 full credits each session, for a total of 4.0 credits at the end of the winter session. A normal full-time course load is 2.5 credits in each of the fall and winter sessions. Students with a documented permanent disability need to maintain a course load of 1.5 credits in each of the fall and winter sessions and will need to self-identify with their counsellor at AccessAbility at the time of course registration. Students who withdraw or substantially reduce their course load without prior approval may be required to repay all or part of the award.
- Awards are tenable only at U of T Scarborough. The scholarship will be credited to your tuition account by the mid-October service charge date. If you do not register at U of T Scarborough or any post-secondary institution in 2021–2022 you may request a deferral of our Offer of Admission and scholarship for up to one year.
Generally, U of T Scarborough Entrance Scholarships (i.e., The President's Scholars of Excellence Program and the U of T Scholars Award) are not combined with other U of T scholarships with the exception of the following:
- Top tier $3,000 renewable award (which will be awarded starting in your second year if you have an admission average of at least 95% and achieve the required GPA while at U of T Scarborough)
U of T Scarborough $3,000 Renewable Entrance Scholarships are based on the following additional conditions:
- The scholarship is renewed on the basis that you continuously maintain registration at U of T Scarborough and achieve a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of at least 3.70 after first, second and third year of studies.
- For the BBA/BSc Double Degree in Management & Finance and Statistics–Quantitative Finance Stream, the scholarship renewability and conditions also apply to year five.
- The award may be renewed up to three consecutive times, and up to four times for the BBA/BSc Double Degree in Management & Finance and Statistics–Quantitative Finance Stream.
- Students need to have completed at least 4.0 credits by the end of the winter session of each year to qualify for renewal of the scholarship. Students with a documented disability will need to complete 3.0 credits by the end of the winter session of each year to qualify for renewal of the scholarship.
The following conditions apply to the University of Toronto International Scholar Award - University of Toronto Scarborough:
- This scholarship is conditional upon the completion of your secondary school program with high academic standing and fully satisfying the conditions of your offer of admission to the University of Toronto Scarborough, as indicated in your JOIN U of T portal. The University reserves the right to withdraw this award offer is these conditions are not satisfied.
- The award is for four consecutive years and the total award value will be indicated in your scholarship offer email. For direct-entry, five-year (25.0 credit) programs (BBA/BSc Double Degree in Management & Finance and Statistics—Quantitative Finance Stream), the award is for five consecutive years.
- Payment of the award is conditional on full-time registration as an international student (i.e. a non-Canadian requiring a study permit) in September.
- International students paying domestic fees are not eligible for this award.
- You must be registered at U of T Scarborough. The award is not transferable to other campuses or faculties.
- The total award value is tenable with other admission awards offered by the University of Toronto, unless otherwise stated. The exception is that it cannot be combined with the Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship.
- Students need to have completed at least 3.0 credits by the end of the Fall/Winter session of each year to qualify for renewal of the scholarship.
- Award renewal is based on your academic performance and full-time study following your first, second and third year of study (and fourth year for students in the BBA/BSc Double Degree in Management & Finance and Statistics—Quantitative Finance Stream). While renewal is not tied to a specific minimum grade point average, we expect that your high academic achievement will continue and that you remain “in good standing” as defined by U of T Scarborough.
- This award may be withdrawn due to unsatisfactory academic performance.
Should you have any questions on terms and conditions of this award, please contact the Office of Admissions and Student Recruitment at email@example.com.