Graduate students can enjoy the convenience of living on campus in fully furnished townhouses shared with other graduate level students.
Please note that graduate housing at UTSC is for individual students only. Family Housing is not currently available.
- Graduate housing takes place in 4-person townhouses
- Each student is assigned a private bedroom. The kitchen, one washroom, and living areas are shared between 4 students. Housemate requests are accepted,
- Residence contracts are 8 months from September to April (Summer residence available through the Summer application process)
- Same Gender and Mixed Gender housing is available
- All units are fully furnished and include full kitchens. Optional meal plans are available.
- Wireless internet and utilities are included
- 24/7 support available from Residence Life Staff
How to Apply:
- After ensuring you have access to the correct application, login to the StarRez Portal
- Select "Upper Year"
- Submit the "UTSC - Fall & Winter 2023-24" application
Fall & Winter 2023-2024 Application Process
Graduate housing is not guaranteed. A limited number of spaces are available.
Application rounds: In 2023-24, offers will be sent in rounds. The first round of applications will occur in March/April per the deadlines outlined below. Applicants who do not receive a first round offer will be added to the Wait List and will be considered in subsequent rounds of offers. The second round of offers will likely not occur until after the First Year Residence Guarantee deadline in early June. Please continue to monitor this website and your email for updates as availability and timing of subsequent rounds of offers are subject to change.
|Application live on the StarRez PortalOpens an external site in a new window||March 9 at 10:00am|
|Application deadline to be considered in first round offers||March 30 at 4:00pm|
|First round of offers emailed||April 6|
|Deadline to accept offer (deposit deadline)||April 20|
|Second round of offers sent||Tentatively week of June 19 - 23*|
*Subject to change based on availability. It is important to monitor your email for a possible offer even outside this tentative timeline.
2023-2024 Fees (September to April 8 month contract)
Standard single bedroom - Townhouse: $10,771
A $1,000 deposit, payable through the StarRez Portal, is required upon receiving a residence offer. The deposit deadline will be stated in the offer email.
Winter 2024 Session residence - Apply now!
Applications are still being accepted for students looking for housing for the Winter 2024 session from January to April. To apply, login to the StarRez Portal and click on the "Upper Year/Returner" tab. If you have never lived in residence, contact us and identify yourself as a Graduate student so we can ensure you have access to the Upper Year application.