Upper Year undergraduate housing
Graduate students: If you are a Master's or PhD student, please visit our Graduate Students page.
Upper Year undergraduate students are:
Applying to residence for Fall & Winter 2024-2025
Applications are available on March 1, 2024 at 10:00am
- *If you have not lived in Residence at UTSC, you must first email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and student number to ensure you have access to the correct application
- Login to the StarRez Portal
- Select "Upper Year"
- Submit the "UTSC - Fall & Winter 2024-25" application
Exchange students will be emailed instructions in May for submitting an application when you have access to the StarRez Portal. Once you have access, your application steps are the same as above.
Fall & Winter 2024-2025 Application Process
Upper Year housing is not guaranteed. A limited number of spaces are available. Upper Year students are eligible to apply for the Fall & Winter sessions (September to April), Fall Only (September to December), or Winter Only (January to April) for students who are on co-op or study abroad terms, however, preference will be given to Fall and Winter session (8 month) applicants.
Application rounds: Offers will be sent in rounds as space is available. The first round of applications will occur in March/April per the deadlines outlined below. Applicants who do not receive a first round offer will be added to the Wait List and will be considered in subsequent rounds of offers. The next round of offers will likely not occur until after the First Year Residence Guarantee deadline in late June. Please continue to monitor this website and your email for updates as availability and timing of subsequent rounds of offers are subject to change.
|Application live on the StarRez Portal
|March 1 at 10:00am
|Application deadline to be considered in first round offers.
|March 22 at 4:00pm
|First round of offers emailed
|Week of April 1-5
|Deadline to accept offer (deposit deadline)
|April 15 by 4:00pm
|Next round of offers begin
*Subject to change based on availability. It is important to monitor your email for a possible offer even outside this tentative timeline.
Upper Year application details
Fall & Winter 2024-2025: Open March 1, 2024 at 10:00am on the StarRez Portal.
- Preference is given to students applying for the full Fall & Winter (September to April) academic year
- Student may apply for Fall Only (September to December) and Winter Only (January to April) if they are on a study abroad exchange or co-op term
The following factors and criteria will be used to assess applications:
1. Application date: It is advantageous to apply early
- Undergraduate student who as completed at least one academic session at U of T in a previous academic year
- Undergraduate student who is in the process of completing their first academic year at U of T and applying for the subsequent academic year
- New or returning Graduate student
3. Academic standing: Minimum 1.6 cumulative grade point average (CGPA).
4. Course requirement: Registered as a full-time student taking at least 3 courses per session*, or on a full-time co-op term (*Exceptions apply for registered accommodations)
5. Residence history (Returners only):
- Residence fees must be paid in full from the current/previous session to receive an offer
- History of good conduct in Residence
Students may submit an Upper Year application at any time after the application opens on the StarRez Portal.
Students who do not receive an offer in the first round will be automatically be added to the Wait List and will be considered in subsequent offer rounds as long as they wish to keep their application active on the wait list.
Students may cancel their wait list application at any time on the StarRez Portal.
From time-to-time, Student Housing & Residence Life will email students wait listed applicants to confirm continued interest in remaining on the wait list. It is important to monitor your UToronto email closely.
Students who are enrolled in a co-op program are welcome to live in residence for the Fall, Winter and Summer sessions, even when they are on a work term within the Greater Toronto Area.
Adjusting residence contract sessions due to co-op work terms and outbound exchange programs
Students who are unsure whether they will need residence for Fall Only, Fall and Winter, and Winter Only, should apply for the full Fall & Winter session (8 months) to hold their space.
Students who need to cancel or adjust their residence session registration after paying a residence deposit and finalizing a co-op work term placement or being accepted into an outbound exchange program are eligible to be exempt from Residence cancellation and withdrawal fees if they make the request in writing by the deadlines below. Please note it is not guaranteed a space will be available for students switching sessions (switching between Fall Only or Winter Only), rather than shortening a Fall & Winter contract.
Students may have their residence deposit released to be transferred to other tuition and non-tuition fees on their ACORN account, or, cancel their Winter session fees if shortening their registration to Fall Only. After the deadlines, students who cancel will forfeit their deposit or will be responsible for fees under the Residence Withdrawal policy.
Requesting registration changes: Students must email the Residence office (email@example.com) identifying themselves as a co-op student or in an outbound exchange program, with their name, student number, and request to change their residence registration. Students must include their job or exchange program offer letter as documentation to support their request to adjust or cancel their space without financial penalty. Requests will only be approved for jobs that are located outside of the Toronto area and would not be possible to commute to from UTSC residence.
Co-op and exchange student residence contract amendment deadlines
|SESSION REGISTERED FOR
|REQUESTED CHANGE TO REGISTRATION
|DEADLINE TO REQUEST IN WRITING TO SHRL OFFICE
|FALL AND WINTER
|FALL AND WINTER